Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day in a Life

That is how we usually start our day.

This has been happening for quite a long time (read about our sleepless nights in Singapore). Anyway... after I suffer from the kick, which usually happens before the alarm clock rings, I would wash up, and then wake Pei Pei and Hao Hao up.

On good days, they would promptly brush their teeth and change into their uniform. On not so good days...

Somehow, by 6.45 a.m., all of us are ready to leave the house! 

As Pei Pei starts to go to primary school this year, our morning routine changes. In the past, DaDi would bring the children to their childcare centre while I went to work first. Now DaDi would bring Hao Hao to the childcare centre, while I drive Pei Pei to school. The traffic is quite a madness near her school area, because there are other schools nearby. Sometimes I imagine myself being one of the Formula One drivers - beating other aggressive drivers to rush to my work place! 

After work, I buy dinner, fetch Pei Pei from her student care centre, and then fetch Hao Hao from his childcare centre. If weather permits, we would go to the playground. While the children are playing catching with their friends, I would multi-task - check my emails, and check on them. My two eyes do the work of three eyes.

Once in a blue moon, I would cook dinner on weekdays. I can only prepare super simple dishes, and those that require minimum washing.

After shower and dinner, I would supervise the children in preparation for spelling or doing homework. Then we read or do home learning activities, depending on my "Tiredness Level".

When DaDi comes home from work, we divide-and-conquer on the daily housework - he would put the dirty clothes into the washing machine and hang them up, while I fold the clean clothes. I am thankful to have children close in age gap, because now they can play and fight together while we do the house work! We get them to help in simple housework too.

The children's bed time is 8 p.m. and they usually fall asleep before 9 p.m. So.... My Happy Hours begin at 9 p.m.! If I have not k.o., I would usually check emails and social media, read or blog, or sometimes, have a good time visiting the toilet without having audience (erm. you know what I mean), and then I would go to bed by 10 p.m.! Yes, I need my beauty sleep after a long day! 

How is your a day in a life?

This blog post is a part of the "Day in a Life" blog train hosted by Mum in the Making.

Next in the blog train is Mrs Kam from The Kam FamilyMrs Kam is a full time working mum. Her day starts at 5am and doesn't end till midnight. When she is at work, she gives her best, contributing to safeguarding public health. She leaves office promptly when the clock ticks 430pm, and gets on her second shift - to be a mum. She fetches the kids, cooks, cleans (the house), entertains (the kids), disciplines, reads, plays, and sometimes, bakes. Interested to know how is her typical day like and how does she get the best of both worlds? Hop over to her blog to find out!

Thank you for visiting PeiPei.HaoHao. If you enjoy reading this post, do stay connected with us on Facebook!


  1. As a ftwm, do you knock off very early to let the kids sleep at 8pm?


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.